The Best Fall Getaway
Many states get especially cold in the fall in preparation for winter, but not Arizona. The desert marvel that is Arizona, in contrast to its scorching summers, offers an impeccable fall season. There’s a reason vacation homes and snowbirds fill large areas of this beloved state. Arizona is the perfect place for a getaway in the fall, parallel to summer time experiences of the most popular resort locations. Here are just a few other fun things to do this Fall in Arizona!
Events of All Variety
Phoenix is the largest town in Arizona, with exciting Scottsdale and eventful Tempe just a short distance away, making Arizona a hub of great events. This fall is particular is packed full of events for all types of people!
– Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake – Here is a beer event with free admission and plenty of German flair. Right beside Tempe Town Lake, running October 9th through 11th is a festival offering over a good hundred some drinks! German cuisine is available too, with meat provided by the finest of Arizona local butchers.
– First Fridays Art Walk – In Phoenix there is an art walk which spreads throughout downtown, allowing you a good tour of the city while taking in local art. A short visit will provide live music, art created live, and every sort of art you could desire. Sometimes costumed characters even parade the streets allowing you to catch some fun and crazy pictures.
– The Arizona State Fair – This is a great family event which runs October 10th through November 2nd. Just like all the best fairs, this Arizona version sports rides, crazy fried foods (try the fried Oreos if available), and exhibits of all types – from art to animals.
– Summer Ends Tour with Kanye West – Hip-hop fans will love the opportunity to see Kanye West live at Tempe Beach Park on September 27th. Accompanied by Change the Rapper and Travis Scott among others, this will be a packed show offering an exciting time while visiting Arizona.
– Tool and Primus Concert – Offering something for rock fans as well, is a show October 31st with support from Coheed and Cambria. This newly renovated Marquee Theatre is the concert hotspot in the Phoenix area, only outshined by music festivals and stadium fillers that require a larger area.
Camelback Mountain – In addition to these unique, date specific activities, Arizona is known for its amazing mountains providing endless hiking and mountain biking; Camelback mountain is no exception. if you get your fill of the desert hills its short a couple hours north to forested mountain offering more of this great activity.
TPC Scottsdale Gold Course – Offering around 200 different courses in Arizona it’s easy to find greens which are just what you are looking for, with skills from beginner to expert. TPC Scottsdale is a notable venue for hosting several tournaments, including the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Book My Vacay Offers the Best
Full of fun fall activities and accompanied by a desirable temperature averaging in the 80s, Arizona should be on your radar. If you like having more than enough to do in a great environment, consider giving Arizona a try!